All of us at Efficient LLC (“Efficient,” “we,” “us,” or “our“) are committed to respecting your privacy. Efficient provides web-based online continuing medical education courses, tracking and analytic tools (the “Service“).
This privacy notice describes how we and some of the companies we work with collect, use, share, and protect information in connection with our websites, portals, and other online applications (collectively, the “Website“), and your choices and rights regarding the collection and use of your information.
This privacy notice applies to any Efficient Website that displays or links to this privacy notice and to all visitors, users, members, providers, and others who access the Website from the United States. This privacy notice does not apply to websites, portals, mobile apps, or other online applications that have their own privacy notice or otherwise do not display or link to this policy notice.
Some of the concepts are technical and we tried to explain things in a straightforward and transparent way. If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice, the ways in which we collect and use the information described below, or your choices and rights regarding such use, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Phone: 1 (305) 450-2153
Mailing Address: Efficient LLC, Attn: Privacy, 4737 N Ocean Drive, #127; Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Effective Date: January 11, 2021
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
In order to use or interact with our Website, you may choose to give us certain personal information that can include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, employer information, and date of birth, and any other information provided in combination with such identifiers. For example:
- When you sign up to receive information about our services or register for our e-newsletter, you may provide your name, contact information, title, the service or newsletter you are interested in, and any other information you choose to provide.
- When you request or sign up for the Service through the Website, you may provide your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, services requested and any other information necessary to facilitate your request.
- If you submit an inquiry using the Contact Us form or otherwise contact us through the Website, you may provide your name, contact information, and any other information you include with your submission.
Information Generated Through Your Use of the Website
When you visit the Efficient site and when you access the Service, (regardless of what website you gained access from), Efficient, together with third party websites offering the Service and third party vendors with whom Efficient has contracted to provide services, collect information on your actions. We collect this personal information and other data when you provide it to us directly through the Website, automatically through your use of the Website, and from our partners and service providers and publicly-available sources.
Like most websites and other online services, our Website collects certain information that is created and recorded automatically when you use or interact with the Website or our ads. This information includes the following:
- Log Data. Efficient gathers certain information automatically and stores it in its log files. When you use or interact with the Website our servers record certain information that is automatically reported by your browser or device each time you make a request to access the Website. This information may include IP address, browser type, ISP provider, date/time stamp. We may also collect similar data from emails sent to our users in order to help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. When this data is associated or linked with your personal information we treat it as personal information.
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may collect certain information about the device you’re using to access the Website, such as the device type, operating system and version, device settings, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, device motion information, mobile network information, and crash data. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Transaction Data. When you request, register with, or use the Service available through the Website, we may collect certain transaction details related to such request, registration, or use, such as the type of service requested, the date and time the service was requested and provided, purchase and correspondence history, CME/CE credits, and other related transaction details.
- Location Information. The Website may collect information about your approximate or precise location depending on the Website features or content and your computer or device permissions. Various technologies may be used to collect this location information, such as GPS, IP address, and other sensors that may provide information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
Information Received from Third Parties
We may receive information about you and your activity on and off the Website from our partners, service providers, and other third parties. For example:
- We may receive information collected by providers of analytics tools such as Website traffic and usage trend data, information regarding users’ browser or device activity on third-party sites, and information regarding ad delivery and performance.
- We may obtain information about you from commercially available sources such as data aggregators, marketing providers, and other public databases. This information may include your name, contact information, demographic information, interests and publicly-observed data (such as from social media and shopping behavior), and professional experience.
How Efficient Uses Information
Efficient uses the information you provide through the Website for the purposes for which such information was provided. These include processing the information to register you for the Service, communicating with you about the Service and your account, providing corrections and updates to your account, and informing you of new additions to the Service.
The information collected by Efficient is used to create aggregate portraits of the users to determine trends, evaluate course offerings, general audience performance and scores and needs and may be shared with third parties, accredited CME providers, and third party websites and mobile or wireless providers offering the Service, in order to provide these third parties with information on who is accessing the Service and what course materials are being utilized, scores generated and other course participation information.
Do Not Track (DNT)
Efficient CME does not generally respond to “do not track” signals because a DNT standard has not been developed. W3C (The World Wide Web Consortium) is working with industry groups, Internet browsers, technology companies, and regulators to develop a DNT technology standard. While some progress has been made, it has been slow and no standard has yet been adopted.
Sharing of Information
Efficient operates a Service available to physicians and health professionals through https://activities.efficientcme.com/ and through a distribution network of third party websites, mobile and wireless platforms, each of which provide access to the Service through a third party environment which may be either co branded, or include an Efficient designation. When you register and/or access the Service through a co-branded third party site, mobile or wireless platform, Efficient will collect and use this information as described in this privacy notice. In addition, the aggregated and/or personally identifiable information collected from your access to the Service using third-party websites will be shared with such third parties. The third parties’ use of the information collected during your access of the Service will be subject to that third party’s own privacy practices and policies.
Personally identifiable information will be shared with third parties, such as accrediting bodies, Efficient customer service, technology and editorial staff, technical consultants, third party auditors and other third parties who create, maintain or enhance the Service or provide associated services may also have access to your personally identifiable information.
Your Privacy Choices
You can visit our Website without revealing any personal information about yourself. However, to obtain our products and services or to create an account with us, we will ask you to provide certain personal information. If you choose not to provide this information, you may be unable to obtain our products and services or create an account with us.
You may “opt-out” of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. You may unsubscribe from commercial email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of such communications. However, you may not opt out of non-marketing product, service, or membership/account-related communications.
Please note that disabling, removing or blocking cookies may turn off some of the features of our Website that make your experience more efficient, and some Website features may not function properly or be accessible.
You have the right to receive information from us about the categories of personal information we maintain about you and the sources of such information. In addition, you have the right to request rectification of any personal information that is inaccurate or incomplete. However, for record keeping and compliance purposes, we may retain certain information collected from you, even if inaccurate or incomplete. To exercise any of these rights, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy, we will only respond to email messages sent from the email account you used to contact us initially or otherwise associated with your account.
Efficient’s Site and Service is directed and intended for medical and health professionals and as such Efficient does not knowingly collect information from children.
Access and Correction
You may correct, update and or change your contact or other profile information previously provided. If you wish to correct, update or change your information simply update your profile. To update your account, log in at www.activities.efficient.com and access your Profile.
Efficient uses industry standard tools such as firewalls to ensure that your information is secure and confidential. Even with these efforts no website or online service is 100% secure.
Notice of Changes
4737 N Ocean Drive, #127;
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308